The PSIA Technical Council is a select group of technical experts in the Philippine software industry. It was formed in March 2009 to provide technical resources for PSIA’s various initiatives. Since its formation, its members have participated in the following activities:
- Accreditation of trainers to conduct programming courses under the Training for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP) of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
- Participation in the accreditation of university Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems degree programs for the Philippine Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- Participation in the creation of curricula for short programming courses for TESDA.
- Participation in the revision of the university Computer Science curriculum for CHED.
Conducting training for university CS and IT faculty throughout the country, on subjects relevant to industry, such as modern programming languages, programming best practices, enterprise development frameworks, and Agile Software Development.
- Conducting talks and workshops at various events throughout the country, on such topics as technology careers, Lean Startup and Agile Software Development.
- Writing articles in various publications and blogs.
- Mentoring in startup events such as Startup Weekend.